- Temporal information extraction
- Handling noisy and terse text
- Semantic annotation
- Spatio-Temporal language
- Tense and aspect in language
- Network extraction and interpretation
- TempEval-3 - A SemEval/SIGSEM task for evaluation of the state of the art in temporal information extraction
- TrendMiner - Extracting and predicting trends from social media
- CAVaT - Corpus Analysis and Validation for TimeML (comand-line tool)
- TERNIP - High-precision high-recall timex annotation and normalisation
- Temporal and Spatial Information Extraction reading group
Awards and Grants
- 2008: EPSRC Enhanced Doctoral Training Grant.
- 2008: Douglas Lewin prize for best final-year exam performance (equiv. dux litterarum).
- 2006, 2007: Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics' Best English language teacher.
I prefer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also find on Twitter; @LeonDerczynski.
My Academic CV.
I am currently visiting the Data Intensive Systems group at Aarhus University; my office is in the Nygaard building, room 342.
- Mining Social Media with Linked Open Data, Entity Recognition, and Event Extraction.
- In Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Data Extraction and Object Search (DEOS 2013).
- Temporal Signals Help Label Temporal Relations.
- In Proceedings of the 51st meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2013).
- SemEval-2013 Task 1: TempEval-3: Evaluating Events, Time Expressions, and Temporal Relations.
- In Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2013).
- TimeML-strict: clarifying temporal annotation.
- CoRR arXiv:1304.7289
- Microblog-Genre Noise and Impact on Semantic Annotation Accuracy.
- In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT 2013) (acceptance rate 16.7%). Shortlisted for SIGWEB Ted Nelson award. [slides]
- Empirical Validation of Reichenbach's Tense Framework.
- In Proceedings of the 10th Conference on Computational Semantics (IWCS 2013). [slides]
- Towards Context-Aware Search and Analysis on Social Media Data.
- In Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2013) (track acceptance rate 13.6%). [slides]
- TempEval-3: Evaluating Events, Time Expressions, and Temporal Relations.
- CoRR arXiv:1206.5333v1
- Applying ISO-Space to Healthcare Facility Design Evaluation Reports.
- In Proceedings of the 7th Joint ISO-ACL Workshop on Interoperable Semantic Annotation (ISA 7). [bib]
- Massively Increasing TIMEX3 Resources: A Transduction Approach.
- In Proceedings of the 8th Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012). [code] [poster]
- TIMEN: An Open Temporal Expression Normalization Resource.
- In Proceedings of the 8th Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012). [code] [slides]
- USFD at KBP 2011: Entity Linking, Slot Filling and Temporal Bounding.
- In Proceedings of the 4th Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2011).
- A Corpus-based Study of Temporal Signals.
- In Proceedings of the 6th Corpus Linguistics Conference (CL 2011). [slides] [bib]
- An Annotation Scheme for Reichenbach's Verbal Tense Structure.
- In Proceedings of the 6th Joint ACL - ISO Workshop on Interoperable Semantic Annotation (ISA-6). [slides] [bib]
- Using Signals to Improve Automatic Classification of Temporal Relations.
- In Proceedings of the 15th ESSLLI StuS session. [slides] [bib]
- USFD2: Annotating Temporal Expresions and TLINKs for TempEval-2.
- In Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Semantic Evaluations (TempEval-2), ACL. [code] [bib] [poster]
- Analysing Temporally Annotated Corpora with CAVaT.
- In Proceedings of the 7th Conference on International Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2010). [code] [bib]
- A data driven approach to query expansion in question answering.
- In Coling 2008: Proceedings of the 2nd workshop on Information Retrieval for Question Answering (IR4QA 2). [slides] [bib]
- Question Answering Against Very Large Text Collections.
- In Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield - Masters' Theses.
- Machine learning techniques for document selection.
- In Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield - dissertations. [poster]
- Review of: Challenges of migrating to agile methodologies - Nerur, S., Mahapatra, R.K., Mangalaraj, G. [slides]
- TB_sig: revised and extended TimeBank, including extra signals, and any events/links associated with them. tb_sig.tar.bz2